Filling with Tip #230



Filling pastries with Tip #230, is a fast way to get a lot of cupcakes, eclairs, and cookies filled.

I had trouble getting this tip to fit and hold snuggly for some time. When I looked up how to cut the bag for this particular tip #230, I didn't find much on how to measure the bag to fit. I just decided to use the same technique for the other tips only a little smaller or near the top of the tip. It worked out perfectly. Here are some steps to help make it easier and not messier...

  • Step 1 Measuring the pastry bag to fit this long tip

Use a cutting board and lay the pastry bag on it, then place the tip on top. Using an exacto knife cut the bag about 1/4 in below the top of the tip.

  • Step 2 Filling the pastry bag

Once you place the tip inside of the bag, push the tip to the bottom and then push a little of the pastry bag into the tip. This will help the filling stay in the tip and not go around the tip. Twist and tie the bag opening to close in the filling and tie with a rubber band. I only put as much filling as my hands can hold...it keeps me less messy and gives more control over the filling.

  • Step 3 Filling Cup Cake and Eclairs

This is the easiest part. use the tip to poke 2/3 of the way into a cupcake and squeeze. Once it puckers at the top stop pressure, then fill more cupcakes. Eclairs are longer so you'll need to back your tip out as it fills with mousse or whatever to allow a little to peak out of the eclair...

  • Step 4 Filling Cookies

Start creating a swirl in the middle of the cookie and work your way out. Keep the swirl tight and stop before you get to the edge of each cookie, cover with another cookie and eat them. I usually take half of what I make and place on a cookie sheet; fill all of them. All I have to do is top them with the unfilled halves.

Comments

Popular Posts