Bonbon: Ladybugs and Bumble Bees

Bonbon translates to Sweet candy or Candy sweet. It's said to be spoken by children who naturally repeat two syllables for words, such as Mama, Papa and one more.

Centuries ago Gentlemen or Kings such as King Henry IV,  would carry Bonbonnieres in their pockets to offer to the ladies. Some were so artistic to have gems embedded into the candy. It was a huge art form...I wondered if they carried them in tiny boxes so they didn't spoil?  I can make a meal out of these when I'm on the go. They make a cute decoration for cakes other desserts as well.
Check out the video to  see how I make them.



The bees added a lovely crunch to my Breakfast
Oatmeal with dried goji and blueberries.
The chocolate wasn't over powering either.
Birthday Cakes
I've seen so many cute ways
to use bonbon bumble bees, But
this one will always be my favorite
More picture ideas to come...

Comments

  1. This made me smile!! Are you still pursuing this passion? I hope you are because I know it brings you happiness, and your finished products are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts