Non Dairy Ice Cream...like Red Bean Ice Cream
Hello,
I scream, you scream, most of us scream for dairy free ice cream. I wanted something dairy-free but I still want to enjoy ice cream, but I didn't want to have banana flavor every time. Plus I have some family that dislike bananas or are sensitive to bananas. In Hawaii there is a shop that places Azuki beans at the bottom of a snow cone that has ice cream on top! I would try that for sure when I go there. You can see how they make it on the Ice cream show that airs every year on PBS.![]() |
| originally posted 7/25/2016 |
I discovered coconut milk which can be whipped to coconut cream, but now coconut cream is more available.
The main thing is the coconut milk has to have full fat...for a plant based food, that sounds weird. I quickly learned not all coconut milk is created equally. The fat comes from the amount of coconut and the technique of how it's whipped.
With trial and error of a few brands...my favorite brands are Imperial and Tai Kitchen.
![]() |
| Such a hot day! I had to snap these before we had smoothies instead! |
My 1st daughter is Vegan and I didn't want to further limit a natural treat like Ice cream from her.
Now I can give that experience. In any flavor...Chocolate, Strawberry and Vanilla with mash-ins like nuts, candies and syrups. Syrups I make with care, that have no dairy in them at all, with the beauty of choosing flavors that please any pallet.
*Update 2026: Now that my son is vegan and I am a practicing vegetarian these cooling treats are especially good during hot, days! I have a simple recipe for this Strawberry Non-churn Ice Creams Enjoy!
Related link of other Bloggers
Tasty Yummies test drive of Coconut milk...for whipping cream.29 amazing Vegan no churn by Rachel Sanders on Buzz Feed


Comments
Post a Comment